As a public speaker, Lindsay weaves research and story to entertain, educate, and inspire. Drawing on her extensive professional experience as a psychotherapist/ organizational consultant, storyteller, and challenged athlete, Lindsay addresses a wide variety of themes. Along with readings of her published works, Lindsay’s previous speeches include:
- Creating the village you need, to get the life you want
- Using Athletic Training Principles to succeed in Life
- Finding the Ability imbedded in (Dis)ability
- Achieving balance in an unbalanced world
- Characteristics of long-term recovery
- Surviving Loss
- Staying Connected
- Inspiring the hero in the people around you
- Gratitude, humility and a strong work ethic; the foundations of success
Previous hosts: Hazelden, Allina Hospital and Clinics, St. Paul Children's Hospital, General Mills, Public Radio International, Special Olympics, Ronald McDonald House, Wayside House for Women, Minnesota AIDS project, Amputee Coalition of America, Community Intervention, Johnson Institute, national addiction and recovery conferences, among many others.
- One Foot in Front of the Other, Good Housekeeping
- Run For Me, Reader’s Digest
- Gifts, Cup of Comfort for the Grieving Heart
- A Timely Lesson, Chicken Soup for the Soul, Positive Thoughts
- Ironman, Chicken Soup for the Soul – Runners
- The New York Marathon, After 9/11, Chicken Soup for the Soul – Runners
Lindsay has also taught courses at the University of Minnesota, College of St. Catherine's and the Metropolitan State University.
Please contact Lindsay for more information and availability.